Use Federal Education Dollars to Address Learning Loss
Copy and paste this message into an email or printed message you can customize and send to your legislators:
Students and teachers have had a difficult year, from COVID interruptions to the brutal winter storms. Despite heroic efforts by educators, considerable instructional time has been lost. Please spend federal COVID dollars for education on the one-time cost of helping schools address learning loss and give our school districts the flexibility to meet the unique needs of our communities. It’s important that we not allow students to fall behind.
Thank you for your support of Texas students.
Or if you prefer to place a phone call, we suggest the following main points with any other message you want to share:
• Hello, my name is ____________, and I am a constituent.
• Students and teachers have had a difficult year, due to interruptions related to the pandemic and the recent winter storm, with resulting damage.
• Instructional time has been lost.
• Please ensure federal dollars for COVID recovery for schools are spent to help schools address the learning loss, so that Texas students don't fall behind.
• Thank you for your service to our state and community, and also for your time today.
Remember, you can find the contact information (email, mailing address, and phone number) for your legislator at:
Who Represents Me?